Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to bcfcforum.co.uk. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Fabrizio Miccoli; La Gazzetta dello sport
Topic Started: Jun 3 2010, 08:47 AM (13,577 Views)
ESONEULB
Member Avatar
Bluenose Ad Vitam = Bluenose For Life
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
bluebel
Jun 18 2010, 11:09 AM
B25 YEWTREE LOYAL
Jun 18 2010, 10:07 AM
Why is this thread still open...file it with Christian Benitez  ..zz..

**thumbup

seconded
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Amuser
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
hootie63
Jun 18 2010, 12:18 AM
Amuser
Jun 17 2010, 08:54 PM
hootie63
Jun 17 2010, 07:03 PM
Amuser
Jun 17 2010, 06:03 PM
I think Miccoli has handled this with dignity and it seems as though he has made the right choice for the right reason. Good on him.

not even he knows if he as made the right choice so how can you say that or are you saying signing for blues would of been a mistake if so why ?

It's not that difficult to comprehend: he said his heart isn't in the move.

I take issue with your readiness to assume that I would be negative about Blues as a prospect for a player.

take issue all you like try wording it a bit better then it wouldnt sound like you was saying he's to good for us .

its easy just to say if he dont want to come then fair play him for being honest and not wasting our time any more .
rather than make it sound like you think he made the right choice by not coming to us

I can't help it if you interpret my post to mean something completely different to the words on the screen. I made no reference to him being too good for us - you added those bits in yourself.

Of course it's the right choice for him if he and his family will be happier staying where they are. We'd all have something to say if we found out he came here purely for the money.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
garconsavage
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Amuser
Jun 19 2010, 07:01 AM
hootie63
Jun 18 2010, 12:18 AM
Amuser
Jun 17 2010, 08:54 PM
hootie63
Jun 17 2010, 07:03 PM
Amuser
Jun 17 2010, 06:03 PM
I think Miccoli has handled this with dignity and it seems as though he has made the right choice for the right reason. Good on him.

not even he knows if he as made the right choice so how can you say that or are you saying signing for blues would of been a mistake if so why ?

It's not that difficult to comprehend: he said his heart isn't in the move.

I take issue with your readiness to assume that I would be negative about Blues as a prospect for a player.

take issue all you like try wording it a bit better then it wouldnt sound like you was saying he's to good for us .

its easy just to say if he dont want to come then fair play him for being honest and not wasting our time any more .
rather than make it sound like you think he made the right choice by not coming to us

I can't help it if you interpret my post to mean something completely different to the words on the screen. I made no reference to him being too good for us - you added those bits in yourself.

Of course it's the right choice for him if he and his family will be happier staying where they are. We'd all have something to say if we found out he came here purely for the money.

It now seems to be the case that this story about him loving Palermo too much to leave was merely a smoke screen to save the players reputation.

Blues had already pulled out of the deal because of doubts about the players future fitness.

As usual there are indiduals on this website who prefer to believe whatever is reported that shows our club in a negative light. We should be congratulating the Blues management for being on the ball and saving the club the expense and embarassment of signing a player who could be a liability to Birmingham City!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Willie
Member Avatar
Willie
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-26678185/

Birmingham City: Why Fabrizio Miccoli deal died - and who is next target
Jun 18 2010 By Colin Tattum
Comments (15)Recommend (1) Blues withdrew their offer for Fabrizio Miccoli because of concern over his knee injury, it emerged today.

As reported in yesterday’s Birmingham Mail, Alex McLeish began to have second thoughts – and then noises came from Palermo and the Italian’s camp that he wanted to stay put.

Miccoli held a press conference and stated that he rejected Blues.

He revealed that his St Andrew’s salary would have been lucrative: “This was the most important decision of my career. I spoke about it with my wife and then the president. I knew I could have earned €10 million over four years, so it was a hard decision.”

But there was more to the conclusion of the saga than met the eye.

Paul Montgomery, Blues’ chief scout, who had been heavily involved in setting up the deal, confirmed: “We withdrew our offer.

“The player was keen to come to us and we were advised that he would be fit for August, despite knee surgery.

“However, after doing more diligence and taking further specialist advice, we discovered that the injury, to his cruciate, was more serious than first interpreted to us. He will be out until October, at the very least.

“So taking everything into account, the manager and the board decided it was in the club’s best interests not to proceed.

The manager felt we couldn’t risk £5 million on someone who wouldn’t be available to us for a long while and nor could we predict what effect the injury might have on his performance in the future.”

So it’s very much back to square one for McLeish in regard to a striker in the Miccoli mould.

Blues’ interest in Bobby Zamora appeared to have been iced somewhat as the pursuit of Miccoli took centre stage.

Blues had been checking on the seriousness of Zamora’s heel injury, which hampered him towards the end of last season and cost him a World Cup place with England.

It is believed the diagnosis is good and that Zamora doesn’t require major surgery.

Whether McLeish now mounts a move for Zamora, a different kind of player to Miccoli of course, remains to be seen.

Comments by former Arsenal winger Robert Pires that Blues have made ‘serious enquiries’ have been met with a blank response at St Andrew’s.

It is not thought that the 36-year-old, who has been released by Villarreal, is on McLeish’s hit list.


Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Amuser
Member Avatar
Geoff Horsfield
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
garconsavage
Jun 19 2010, 08:20 AM
Amuser
Jun 19 2010, 07:01 AM
hootie63
Jun 18 2010, 12:18 AM
Amuser
Jun 17 2010, 08:54 PM
hootie63
Jun 17 2010, 07:03 PM
Amuser
Jun 17 2010, 06:03 PM
I think Miccoli has handled this with dignity and it seems as though he has made the right choice for the right reason. Good on him.

not even he knows if he as made the right choice so how can you say that or are you saying signing for blues would of been a mistake if so why ?

It's not that difficult to comprehend: he said his heart isn't in the move.

I take issue with your readiness to assume that I would be negative about Blues as a prospect for a player.

take issue all you like try wording it a bit better then it wouldnt sound like you was saying he's to good for us .

its easy just to say if he dont want to come then fair play him for being honest and not wasting our time any more .
rather than make it sound like you think he made the right choice by not coming to us

I can't help it if you interpret my post to mean something completely different to the words on the screen. I made no reference to him being too good for us - you added those bits in yourself.

Of course it's the right choice for him if he and his family will be happier staying where they are. We'd all have something to say if we found out he came here purely for the money.

It now seems to be the case that this story about him loving Palermo too much to leave was merely a smoke screen to save the players reputation.

Blues had already pulled out of the deal because of doubts about the players future fitness.

As usual there are indiduals on this website who prefer to believe whatever is reported that shows our club in a negative light. We should be congratulating the Blues management for being on the ball and saving the club the expense and embarassment of signing a player who could be a liability to Birmingham City!!

That's possible. I don't claim to have the definitive answer on how this all unfolded and I'll read with interest as information is subjectively drip-fed to us.

Tbf my continuing exchange with hootie is about him reading something into my post that wasn't there, rather than the facts behind what I wrote.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Jmackay
Bob Hatton
[ *  *  *  * ]
Willie
Jun 19 2010, 08:56 AM

As reported in yesterday’s Birmingham Mail, Alex McLeish began to have second thoughts – and then noises came from Palermo and the Italian’s camp that he wanted to stay put.


Just to prove my earlier point

Why doesn't it say "contrary to what was reported in the Mail two days ago, the Miccoli deal has fallen through".

http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-s...97319-26660291/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
ESONEULB
Member Avatar
Bluenose Ad Vitam = Bluenose For Life
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This thread not dead yet :break:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Blues Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Forum Design by Hirsty.